Just a quick summary to keep possibly interested people in the loop today. I got the ethernet working on the Colibri/PXA320 board in u-boot. The problem was with the way the ax88796 driver was accessing the registers of the ethernet chip. It was actually accessing them in some weird 16bit mode, which caused two registers to be read at one time and the contents of the upper one was sometimes lost, caused malfunction of the driver. So I supplied my own access functions the same way as some Renesas board did and that eventually fixed the issues. Now the ethernet controller is working happily.
I recently started working on making the OpenPXA IPL more generic in preparation for supporting more devices. As I explained in an earlier post, the NAND is configured to some sane defaults and some of it's characteristics are determined by the BootROM already when the IPL is being executed. So I make use of this information and don't reconfigure the NAND, but just reset the chip and do READ0 and READYREAD commands. Also, I'm working on cleaning up the code and fixing some of it's possible issues.
Moreover, I plan to add debugging functionality into the IPL, which would probably allow the user to load some code into SRAM through serial console (XMODEM possibly or something) instead of NAND as it's now. Such thing will eventually allow the user to restore pretty much any system without NAND page number 0 being wiped out.
And the last thing today is about the UCB1400. I sent a patch upstream, that allows the UCB1400 to accept touchscreen IRQ GPIO through platform data. I also explained the reason for this in the previous post so read it there.